Please direct resumes and inquiries to Jenny at email@example.com
The Volunteer Coordinator will assist with the collaboration of The C Three Foundation volunteers and tasks in accordance with the Foundation’s mission. The Volunteer Coordinator will manage volunteer resources to assist in the delivery of the foundation's programs and services. This includes directly managing volunteers, and/or providing guidance, support, resources and tools to volunteers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Volunteer Coordinator will perform the following tasks in support of the C Three Foundation:
Plan the volunteer program/service
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the foundation
- Assess the need for volunteers to enhance program/service delivery
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the programs and services delivered by volunteers and implement improvements as necessary.
- Maintain lists of volunteers, their contact and other needed demographic information, skills, tasks/projects and time volunteered.
- Match up volunteers, their skills, and projects/tasks deemed needed by The C Three Foundation.
- Track progress of projects and communicate status to The C Three Foundation management or designee.
- Contribute a monthly volunteer spotlight (300-500 words) for the C Three Foundation newsletter.
- Recognize volunteer’s efforts and provide feedback.
- Provide induction materials, foundation structure information, project goals, and other resources as deemed appropriate per projects and volunteer needs.
Organize the volunteer program/service
- Develop, administer, and review policies and procedures which guide the volunteer programs and services, and reflect the overall values of the foundation
- Develop and administer forms and records to document the volunteer activities
- Identify volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers and write the volunteer position descriptions in consultation with staff as appropriate
- Promote the volunteer program to gain community support of the volunteer program and the foundation
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit the right volunteers with the right skills
- Develop and implement an intake and interview protocol for potential volunteers to ensure the best match between the skills, qualification, and interests of the volunteers and the needs of the foundation
- Implement a screening process for potential volunteers according to accepted screening standards and practices
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of the foundation, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers
- Ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training to be successful in their positions
- Ensure that volunteer check-in procedures are followed and records of volunteer hours are maintained according to established procedures
- Ensure that volunteers receive the appropriate level of supervision
- Assist with conflict resolution among volunteers according to established procedures
- Establish and implement a process for evaluating the contribution of individual volunteers
- Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the foundation
- Evaluate the risks associated with each volunteer position and take appropriate action to control the risks associated with the program or service
- Ensure that volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Evaluate the contribution of each volunteer on an annual or pre-established basis
- Prepare a report on the contribution of the volunteer program to the foundation at agreed upon schedule.
- Administer and monitor expenditures for the volunteer program against the approved budget
- Strong background in human resources or nonprofit/business management
- Post-secondary education in human resources, nonprofit management, community development, social sciences, business, volunteer certifications or adult education is an asset
- Knowledge of current trends, resources and information related to volunteerism
- Knowledge of the management of volunteer resources
- Working knowledge of recruitment, social media, and other networking outlets
- Word processing
- Data base management
The Volunteer Coordinator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the foundation.
- Build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the foundation.
- Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the foundation and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on client needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the foundational parameters.
- Foster teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance foundational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the foundation.
- Make decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the foundation.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the foundation forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results of volunteers.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience is preferred.
- Non-standard work environment; involving telecommuting and other remote work environments.
- Volunteer Coordinator position will take 1-2 hours per week initially with possible increases with Foundation growth and expansion.